Thursday, November 22, 2007

One of the best sites I have seen...

I read about this site in an article by Rhodri Marsden in The Independent.


http://news.independent.co.uk/sci_tech/article3177183.ece


How stumbleupon.com works is not obvious from the samples on the front page. You really need to sign up and then pick say 5 to 10 categories.

I spent the first few hours saying wow to 80% of what I saw. I had never seen 95% of the sites before, even in categories in which I am very interested. I can see why it was voted one of the top 100 sites.

Basically, what it does is show you websites that are highly rated by other people with an interest in the category. You will see really surprising things. Try to resist bookmarking everything... but if you see things at the beginning that interest you, it might be a good idea to bookmark them because they will show you the most highly rated sites first. If your browser has a history, all the sites will be there.

No comments: