Saturday, October 18, 2008

Why would anyone want to buy a house there or even go there?

Another place run by nutjobs.

How much money have they spent on this?

City building and safety director Tom Hartung said that an illegally converted garage poses health and safety risks...
What are they? Surely if they had been that bad for 30 years everyone would be dead by now?

Her troubles began when a code enforcement officer spotted a light shining from her garage into the street, a code violation. He noticed her trash cans in front of the house (another violation) and weeds poking through the concrete (yet another one).
OMG! Light shining! Trash cans! Weeds in the cracks in the concrete!

Jarrod Head, Camargo's 29-year-old grandson, who lives with her, was sleeping in the disputed bedroom when they arrived.
"They pushed right in," he said. "I said, 'What's this about?' but they were busy taking pictures. When I asked why they were taking pictures, the police asked me for my ID. I asked why they needed my ID, and they put me in handcuffs."

The judge ordered her to pay a $3,000 fine, which she said she couldn't afford. She asked for the other option -- 30 days in jail.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-garage18-2008oct18,0,5133746,full.story

There are lots of places to steer clear of.
Just wait until this gets on their Wiki page. It will be on the Net for eternity.
There are nearly 600 foreclosures there currently...
http://realestate.yahoo.com/California/La_Quinta/Homes_for_sale/result.html?p=La%20Quinta%2C%20CA&type=foreclosure

No comments: